Gramercy Park, NY Invisalign Dentist
Do you wish to get your teeth straightened but have been avoiding orthodontic treatment simply because you don’t want to wear those uncomfortable and unaesthetic metal braces? Are you looking for a comfortable orthodontic treatment option that does not affect your smile and appearance? If your answer to these questions is a yes, then we have the perfect solution for you: Invisalign clear aligners.
But what is Invisalign, and how does it work? You may ask! Don’t worry; in this blog, you will learn everything you need to know about Invisalign clear aligners. So, read on!
What is Invisalign in Gramercy Park, NY Dentistry?
Invisalign is a system of removable tray-like clear aligners that are worn over the teeth to correct different tooth misalignment issues. The best thing about Invisalign aligners is that they are made from a transparent and flexible material. Hence, they are not only comfortable to wear, but they are also virtually invisible when worn. This makes Invisalign clear aligners among the most sought-after orthodontic treatment options worldwide. Over 14 million people worldwide have obtained their dream smiles with the Invisalign system.
Who Can Benefit from Invisalign Aligners in Gramercy Park, NY Dentistry?
Any individual who has tooth alignment issues is a candidate for Invisalign aligners. Clear aligners are an excellent treatment option for individuals who have mild to moderate orthodontic problems. However, complex or complicated issues can also be treated using Invisalign attachments. Some of the problems that can be fixed with Invisalign are:
- Generalized tooth misalignment
- Overcrowded teeth
- Spacing between teeth
- Deep bites
- Open bites
- As an a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional fixed braces
Invisalign: What is the Process in Gramercy Park, NY Dentistry?
Getting Invisalign aligners is easy and straightforward. First, we will make an in-depth clinical examination and evaluate the study models and x-ray images of your teeth. We will also make digital impressions of your teeth to help us identify the underlying issue and prepare a fully-customized treatment plan. We will use these digital impressions to digitally design a series of removable aligners for you. Next, these aligners will be fabricated using 3D printing technology and delivered to you.
How Does Invisalign Work in Gramercy Park, NY Dentistry?
At the beginning of your treatment, your cosmetic and implant dentistry Gramercy Park, NY practice will give you a series of numbered, paired aligners (one for each jaw). You will be asked to wear each aligner set for 14 days. Furthermore, for Invisalign treatment to work, one must wear the removable aligners for a minimum of 22 hours/ day. Failure to wear your aligners for the right amount of time can prolong your treatment unnecessarily. Hence, Invisalign aligners should be worn even during sleep.
Once you have finished wearing an aligner set for two weeks, you should switch to the next set of aligners. We will design each aligner set so that it sits on your teeth and exerts pressure on them to move in the desired direction. In this way, each aligner set will continue to move your teeth and bring you closer to your dream smile.
Once you have worn all your aligners, you will feel a noticeable improvement in your smile and tooth alignment. However, to ensure that your teeth do not make it to their previous position, we will give you Viverra retainers. These retainers are appliances that sit on your teeth and prevent them from moving backward. The amount of time you need to wear your retainers will depend on the severity of your underlying issue.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign Aligners in Gramercy Park, NY Dentistry?
Invisalign aligners offer various benefits over conventional metal braces. Some of these are:
- Inconspicuousness – Invisalign aligners are made of a transparent, flexible aligner which makes them completely invisible. Hence, you can wear them to your workplace, presentations, meetings, and even on dates without worrying about your facial appearance.
- Comfort – the flexible polymer used for fabricating Invisalign aligners makes them considerably more comfortable than traditional braces. Furthermore, fixed braces can injure the oral soft tissues with sharp edges. This problem has also been eliminated with Invisalign aligners. This is why most people prefer to get Invisalign aligners instead of braces, which are quite uncomfortable.
- No Diet-related Restriction – braces wearers are advised by cosmetic and implant dentistry Gramercy Park, NY practice owners to avoid hard and sticky foods, as they can dislodge them. However, with Invisalign aligners, there is no dietary restriction as they are removable. Therefore, you can enjoy all your favorite foods without any worry or limitations. Simply wash your aligners in lukewarm water and rinse your mouth after putting them back after eating.
- Oral Hygiene – braces wearers often find it challenging to maintain good oral hygiene as the brackets prevent them from removing all food debris from the interdental spaces. This problem can be overcome with Invisalign aligners, as they are removable. So, you can simply remove your aligners while brushing or flossing and put them back on afterward. Therefore, Invisalign aligners give you better oral hygiene than metal braces. So, no more bad breath, a common problem in braces wearers.
Looking After your Invisalign Aligners in Gramercy Park, NY Dentistry
Invisalign aligners are very simple to use. However, you must take care not to soak them or wash them in boiling water as they can get warped. Furthermore, when not wearing, put your aligners in water or a denture cleansing solution. Finally, always wash your aligners in lukewarm water before wearing them, especially after food.
When it comes to teeth straightening with Invisalign, the most crucial factor is visiting an experienced and qualified dentist. So, If you are looking for a renowned Invisalign dentist in NY, Dr. Toksoy’s | Studio Dental NY is the best place to enjoy a healthy and dazzling smile. Our dentist, Dr. David Toksoy, has extensive experience treating even the most complex orthodontic issues with Invisalign aligners. So, you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
So, what are you waiting for? Your dream smile awaits you at Dr. Toksoy’s | Studio Dental NY. So, book an appointment with us today, and let us give you a smile you can be proud of!