Our smile is an invaluable social asset, as it can open many doors for us. For example, did you know that a survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry 1 showed that people with beautiful smiles and pearly white, perfectly aligned teeth are considered more attractive and approachable than those with imperfect smiles? So, if your stained teeth affect your self-confidence, you can also enjoy a gorgeous smile, thanks to cosmetic dentistry.
But what is cosmetic dentistry, and how can it help fix my teeth and smile? You may ask! Don’t worry; this blog is the answer to all your questions. So, read on to learn everything you need about cosmetic dentistry and its power to transform one’s smile and appearance.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry Gramercy Park, NY Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a field of dentistry that involves improving one’s smile, facial esthetics, and self-confidence. Cosmetic dentistry is a combination of various dental procedures aimed at eliminating a person’s facial esthetic defects and improving their overall self-image. Besides, another goal of cosmetic dental treatment is to restore one’s optimal oral health and physical well-being. Overall, cosmetic dentistry is an excellent option to eliminate facial esthetic defects and enjoy a dream smile.
What Procedures are Performed in Gramercy Park, NY Cosmetic Dentistry ?
Cosmetic dentistry covers a wide of various dental procedures. First, your cosmetic and implant dentistry Gramercy Park, NY dental professional will perform a detailed clinical examination to detect the underlying facial esthetic flaws. Then, based on your treatment needs, they will prepare a customized treatment plan. On the other hand, some dentists utilize digital technology, such as digital impressions x-ray imaging, to create a digital smile design for their patients.
A customized treatment plan also contains information regarding the various procedures that will be performed to restore your smile and appearance. Hence, every patient has a unique cosmetic dentistry treatment plan. However, some of the commonly utilized cosmetic dentistry procedures are:
- Professional Teeth Whitening – this is a procedure in which your cosmetic and implant dentistry Gramercy Park, NY dentist will use a highly potent yet safe bleaching agent – usually carbamide peroxide – on your teeth to remove adherent stains, such as coffee, tea, tobacco, and wine stains. However, teeth whitening is only effective on certain external stains. For internal teeth stains, a separate procedure is needed.
- Porcelain Veneers – according to the American Dental Association 2, a veneer is an ultra-thin shell made of tooth-colored porcelain bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth to restore their esthetics and function. Porcelain veneers are typically used in cosmetic dentistry for fixing the following issues:
- Permanent teeth stains that cannot be removed with professional whitening
- To restore the esthetics and function of grossly damaged or chipped teeth
- To cosmetically mask tooth overcrowding or uneven spacings
- To cosmetically fix mild tooth overcrowding – as an alternative to orthodontic treatment.
- Composite Bonding – this is a procedure in which your dentist will apply a tooth-colored resin-based filling on damaged or crooked teeth. Composite fillings are used for treating crooked, chipped, cracked, or permanently stained teeth. Cosmetic bonding is one of the most commonly performed procedures worldwide.
- Dental Implants – an implant is a screw-shaped, titanium-based fixture surgically inserted into the jawbone like natural teeth, which serves as a replacement root. By far, dental implants are the most durable, strong, and esthetically pleasing option for replacing missing teeth. That is why cosmetic and implant dentistry Gramercy Park, NY specialists recommend dental implants for replacing missing teeth in cosmetic dentistry.
- Invisalign – typically, dentists use metal braces for fixing crooked or misaligned teeth. However, many patients dislike this treatment due to its unesthetic appearance. That is why cosmetic dentists use Invisalign for teeth straightening. This is an orthodontic system based on sets of numbered aligners. These aligners are made of a transparent material, making them virtually invisible when worn. Each aligner set is designed to move the teeth in the desired direction gradually.
- Gum Recontouring – in patients with excessively large or small gums, dentists perform gum recontouring to reposition the gums to their optimal position. Furthermore, gum bleaching is also performed in some cases to lighten their shade.
Is Gramercy Park, NY Cosmetic Dentistry Safe?
Until now, we have learned about the power of cosmetic dentistry in transforming one’s smile. But is cosmetic dentistry safe as well? You may ask! The short answer is yes. Cosmetic and implant dentistry Gramercy Park, NY practitioners use high-quality materials for cosmetic treatment that have been proven safe and effective for human use. So, cosmetic dentistry is safe as long as an experienced and qualified dentist performs it.
If you are looking for a renowned and gentle-dental cosmetic dentist in NY, Dr. David Toksoy’s minimally-invasive dental practice in Manhattan is your best option. At Dr. Toksoy | Studio Dental NY, we use the latest technology and the highest-quality materials to transform our patients’ smiles. You can rest assured that once we have completed your cosmetic treatment, you will have a smile that you can genuinely be proud of! So, please book an appointment with us today, and let us give you a lasting, healthy, and beautiful smile!